Home

Forum

Mijn Album

Contact

Links

Weblog

Toon onbeantwoorde berichten | Toon actieve onderwerpen Het is nu 18 dec 2018, 17:02

Antwoord op onderwerp  [ 1 bericht ] 
 back is top priority, 
Auteur Bericht
Zilveren plaatser
Zilveren plaatser

Bericht back is top priority,
Three years after going undrafted out of Drury College Greg Olsen Jersey , Trevor Richards has earned his first major league win.

Richards pitched six effective innings to lead the Miami Marlins to a 3-1 victory over the San Francisco Giants on Tuesday night.

”It’s great, it’s good to get that one out of the way,” Richards said. ”It’s been too long so it’s good to get it done.”

Richards (1-3) allowed two hits in his seventh major league start. The 25-year-old right-hander struck out two and walked three.

”He’s been a good story, he’s thrown the ball well,” Marlins manager Don Mattingly said. ”Obviously Pitcher of the Year last year in the minor leagues, really good reports on his makeup and how he works, competes, and pays attention so it’s good to see guys like that have success.”

Richards walked the first two batters of the game before settling in.

”I got a little too excited for the game, a little amped up and lost mechanics,” Richards said. ”I was able to settle down and keep going.”

Brandon Crawford’s groundout in the first inning drove in the only run for the Giants, who had just three hits.

”Three hits, that’s not going to work Stephen Anderson Jersey ,” manager Bruce Bochy said. ”We had a hard time getting guys on base and just getting something going. That’s the ballgame.”

Kyle Barraclough pitched a perfect ninth for his fourth save in six chances. He has not allowed a run over his last 14 games and a career-best 13 2/3 innings.

JT Riddle had a two-run double for Miami, and Starlin Castro had two hits and knocked in a run.

”Just enough,” Mattingly said.

San Francisco right-hander Chris Stratton (7-4) worked out of a bases-loaded jam in the second inning, but ran into trouble in the third when he again loaded the bases. This time, Castro singled in Derek Dietrich and Riddle followed with a two-run double to right field.

”I let it get away from me there,” Stratton said. ”I thought I made some really good pitches. Give them credit.”

Stratton then retired his final 13 batters. He allowed four hits in seven innings.

RIDDLE’S BIG HIT

Riddle’s two-run double gave him his first multi-RBI game of the season and eighth of his career.

”(Stratton) left me a fastball over the middle of the plate after I had swung through two,” Riddle said. ”I was a little late on those so I was thinking he might come back with another one, he did, left it over the middle, and I put a pretty good swing on it.”

TRAINER’S ROOM

Giants: 1B Brandon Belt (appendix) is expected to join the team in Los Angeles later this week after making progress from emergency surgery on June 2. ”He soft-tossed in Arizona, threw, did quite a bit of baseball activities Taco Charlton Jersey ,” Bochy said. ”Tomorrow he’ll take regular batting practice so that’s the big step. If he feels fine doing that, then we’re getting close on him.”

UP NEXT

Giants: LHP Andrew Suarez (2-4, 5.06 ERA) will start the third game of the series on Wednesday in his hometown for the first time in front of a number of family members and friends.

Marlins: LHP Caleb Smith (5-6, 3.70) is 5-4 with a 2.70 ERA over his last nine starts.

13. WASHINGTON REDSKINS (7-9)

LAST SEASON: Injuries and inconsistent play on both sides of ball kept Redskins from staying competitive in NFC wild-card race. Without consistent running game and behind often patchwork offensive line, quarterback Kirk Cousins still threw for 4,000 yards with 27 touchdowns and 13 interceptions. Defense was bigger issue against run and pass. Loss of rookie defensive lineman Jonathan Allen hurt pass rush and run defense, so opposing QBs carved up secondary. Cousins is gone, replaced by Alex Smith, and Redskins President Bruce Allen is tweaking defense. Inside linebacker Zach Brown was bright spot and led NFL in tackles before missing final two games and will return. Team is counting on big season from cornerback Josh Norman and growth of Quinton Dunbar after pass defense struggled in 2017.

THEY NEED: RB, WR, LG, DL Josh Ferguson Jersey , LB, S, CB

THEY DON'T NEED: OT, TE, K, P, LS

POSSIBLE FIRST PICK: DT Vita Vea, Washington; CB Denzel Ward, Ohio State; S Derwin James, Florida State; DT Da'Ron Payne, Alabama; ILB Roquan Smith, Georgia; RB Derrius Guice Anthony Zettel Jersey , LSU; DB Minkah Fitzpatrick, Alabama

OUTLOOK: Running back is top priority, even if not in first round. Redskins have so many holes to fill on defense they should go that side of ball in first round after top three picks last year started building process. Replacing traded linebacker/safety hybrid Su'a Cravens, bolstering defensive line and finding defensive backs will be on docket. First draft without help of former general manager Scot McCloughan, who has fingerprints on 2017 picks despite being fired in March; he helped build list of prospects. Super Bowl MVP-turned-senior VP of player personnel Doug Williams will rely heavily on new director of college scouting Kyle Smith, son of A.J., for insight. With Alex Smith signed for foreseeable future, Redskins are in win-soon mode, so this crop's success or failure could be make or break.

LeBron James Jersey ,

03 sep 2018, 08:45
Profiel
Antwoord op onderwerp   [ 1 bericht ]